Friday, April 30, 2010

Brave Hearts: Change Is a Very Difficult Thing to Make- When it happens it is the Second Coming

We have survived, sustained and are well armed. We also have the strength and grace to accept our new selves and the changes we have to make. Strong both in body and mind, we can live like never before, keeping the lines, don’t worry be happy!

When I discovered my cancer, I mourned going bald more than the cancer itself. That was vanity crying out! All the celebrities, the stark woman in Star Trek did not impress me then. They had a choice, I did not. I loved my ethnic style, but I needed that chemo to get well. So, I shaved my head before it fell in sad beaten tufts. I adapted and gave myself a complete change in personality, with bandanas, gypsy skirts, long earrings etc. Today I have grown from bald to bold and beautiful (pardon me for plagiarism) . I am a new me it’s a refreshing change. It feels great doing things I never did before. Adapting is the key. The change has improved my self-concept and inner strength. The outer change has also enhanced my inner sense of confidence, calmness and cheer. I know my attitude is right. I feel healthy, alive and sensitized to the world around me. Life is beautiful! I am a Prashanti Advocate and proud to be one! Join me in defeating breast cancer and replacing it with healthy women, women and more women. We’ll also achieve better gender balance

- RAMA

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    This is Hannah Bevills, I am an editor for Hospital.com. We are a medical publication whose focus is geared towards promoting awareness on hospitals, including information, news, and reviews on them. We would like to have our site included within your blog and offer our information to your readers, of course we would be more than happy to list your blog within our directory as well.

    Hannah Bevills
    hannah.bevills@gmail.com
    www.Hospital.comHi,

    This is Hannah Bevills, I am an editor for Hospital.com. We are a medical publication whose focus is geared towards promoting awareness on hospitals, including information, news, and reviews on them. We would like to have our site included within your blog and offer our information to your readers, of course we would be more than happy to list your blog within our directory as well.

    Hannah Bevills
    hannah.bevills@gmail.com
    www.Hospital.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I have a question about your blog. Please email me!
    Thanks,
    David

    ReplyDelete